It is the mission of the Downtown Miami & Brickell Chamber of Commerce™ (DMBCC) to serve as the VOICE, BRIDGE and PLATFORM for Downtown Miami & Brickell businesses, entrepreneurs and the community as a whole. As such, we will provide every opportunity for growth and prosperity personally, professionally and in business. The Chamber will empower, represent and offer networking possibilities to its members, at all levels of community, government and commerce.
- To serve our membership and our community with honesty, integrity and dedication.
- To conduct business in a professional, transparent and efficient manner.
- To serve as goodwill ambassadors representing our Chamber and community at all times.
- To elevate civility, communication and respect within our membership and our community.
The DMBCC™ believes in not reinventing the wheel. In order to accomplish this goal, the Chamber will enter into strategic alliances with like-minded individuals and organizations that are presently serving specific missions, such as the (SBA) Small Business Administration, Score, (BC) Beacon Council, (DDA) Downtown Development Authority, (GMCVB) The Greater Miami Convention & Visitors Bureau, (SFMSDC) South Florida Minority Supplier Development Council, (EF) Enterprise Florida, The National and State Departments of Commerce, (CC) Chambers of Commerce, Local, Regional, National, and International (non-profits), foundations, government, academia and other entities in order to realize the objectives of the Chamber and its members.
The Chamber will be governed by its bylaws, which will serve as the road-map for governance. The Chamber will consist of an Executive Committee and Board of Directors which will empower a team of professionals to manage the day-to-day Chamber administration. In order to accomplish the goals and objectives of the Chamber and its members, there will be committees, councils, work groups and leadership forums. The membership of these entities will be comprised of volunteer chamber members elected among their peers. The following are examples of the standing committees.
- Hospitality (Hotels, Cruise & Port Industries, Conventions & Meetings, Restaurants/Bars, Venues, Tourist Attractions)
- Banking & Finance Committee
- Real Estate & Construction Committee
- Trade & Tourism Committee
- Professionals (Attorneys, CPAs, Consultants) Committee
- Healthcare & Bio-Sciences Committee
- Non-Profit Organizations Committee
- Governmental Affairs
- IT (Technology) Committee
- Infrastructure & Emergency Management Committee
- Creative (Entertainment, Sports, Special Events,
- Advertising/Marketing/Social, New Media, Cultural Arts) Committee
- Life Balance (Mind, Body & Spirit, Quality of Life Issues) Committee
- Small Business & W&MBE Committee
- International (International Business, Consular Corps & Trade Missions (Outbound/Inbound) Committee